- My sister and brother-in-law made it up safely for a two week visit!!! We're throwing her a baby shower tomorrow night. She's adding a sixth granddaughter to the mix in late September-early October... You can read about her journey here.
- People barely believe me when I tell them that M was born prematurely. She's caught up that completely to kids her own age!! Check out this pic...
- My other sister is having a great summer in Newport, TN working for YouthWorks. You can read about her adventures here.
- Z's still hard at work on the hard wood floors in our bedroom, the girls' bedroom, and the hallway. Progress pictures will be posted soon.
- My kid brother might get to come home on leave over the 4th of July!!! Maybe this time, he'll remember ALL of the pieces of his uniform and I can get a good picture of both girls with him all spiffed up in his Dress Blues. He's a Marine, by the way, and I couldn't be more proud of him!
- I had a second interview today. It went really well. Now, I'm simply praying that the fact that I interned at this agency will work in my favor. I'm really ready to be working again!
- I had my follow-up appointment for my surgery yesterday... it was a good appointment. The doctor is happy with my progress and happy that I have so much support from my family to make sure I don't "misbehave" while I'm recovering, that means - no vacuuming, no picking up full laundry baskets, no picking up A (that's the hardest one), and sitting down or laying down when I need to. It also means, taking my pain meds when I need them (that's another hard one) - I don't like medicine and try to avoid it if possible. But I WAS released to do some laundry and I can drive myself around again!!
- The really BIG situation that was looming over our heads this last year has been RESOLVED!!!
- A's birthday is Saturday. I can't believe she's going to be 2. She's been such a blessing in our lives.
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
No button on mine since I already wrote it this week and am too lazy to change it! :)
ReplyDeleteNo button on mine this week since I already posted and am too lazy to change it...fun! :)
ReplyDeleteNo problem! We'll see you next week!
ReplyDelete