Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday - I'm tired and still not feeling completely up to par so bullet points it is for this post.
  • I'm FINALLY feeling better.  In the last two days I've gone 8-9 hours consecutively without needing pain meds.  Which means I'm really only taking meds to go to sleep at night and then once during the day - early afternoon.
  • Most of my steri-strips are off - I was leaving them on until Monday to make sure the incision healed flat, but I've worn my jeans for part of the last two days and they were coming off on their own.  There are a couple of areas of my incision that aren't quite flat - but I've put a bandaid on those in hopes that they finish healing flat.
  • My kid sister is coming home from Arizona next week!!  We're having a baby shower for her while she's home.  It will be nice to see her again.
  • We tried to start M on Rice Cereal today - she took about 2 spoon fulls... it's a start.  We'll try again tomorrow.
  • My Cousin, Rachel.  She's been "babysitting" me and the girls this week, so that I don't do anything stupid.  She's been a huge lifesaver.  Since I can't pick A up because she's too heavy, Rachel has been getting her up in the morning, putting her down for a nap and getting her up from her nap, and any other picking up that is needed.  Today we went to the park and she helped A with all of the slides and such.  It was really quite fun to watch and take pictures of... those pics are posted at the end of the post.
  • I think my job interview went well.  I was in the beginning of the cycle, so I probably won't follow up until next week sometime... but I'm hopeful that I'll get the job and be working mid-summer.
  • After a hiatus from the floor project, Z is back to working on them... Hopefully they'll be done this weekend before my sister gets home next week.
  • My Parents... Enough said.
  • My health, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food on the table... seems so simple, but that's what it all boils down to - the basic necessities.
  • I finally figured out how to number the comments in my blog posts.
  • I found a tutorial on how to make a button for my blog today and then succeeded at making one!!!  See previous post for the link to the tutorial.
Here are some of the pictures from the park today... (all of these are SOOC - I haven't had time to edit them)




















I'm thinking about starting a Thankful on Thursday Blog Hop... I've seen a lot of these types of posts but no blog hop...  Anyone interested?

That's all for now... Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested:) Even if it wasn't a hop and just a meme:) Let me know if it's still on!

    ReplyDelete