I've now been an absent blogger for most of this week too. That is primarily due to what happened during surgery on Monday. What was started as a routine 20 minute procedure turned into a 3 1/2 hour surgery and 3 days in the hospital. I went in to have my tubes tied via a laproscopic tubal and while the surgeon was taking care of that he "encountered" some resistance. This made it necessary for them to open me up completely to figure out what the problem was. Well, they found a large hematoma (bruise - internal bleeding) and a cyst the size of a tennis ball on my right ovary. They had to clean up the bleeding, make sure that there was no bleeding elsewhere and then drain the cyst. They also tested the cyst and it came back benign. I have an incision running from my belly button down to my pelvic bone that is currently held together with staples.
Instead of a 3 day recovery, I'm now looking at approximately 4-6 weeks of recovery and 2 weeks of doing virtually nothing. I'm not allowed to drive for the next week and a half. I'm not allowed to pick A up for at least a month. I can nurse M, but I can't pick her up or carry her until next week. I can't do laundry or vacuum, and to be frank, moving in general is rather difficult at the moment. I guess I'll be getting a lot of reading done - if I can keep my eyes open long enough to finish a book.
Poor A doesn't quite know how to handle all of this - every time she tries to get close to me, I have to turn my body so that she doesn't run into my incision. It's going to get old really fast.
I've never been all that great at doing absolutely nothing... so maybe I'll use this time and write a book about my experiences with childbirth, etc, that everyone seems to think I should write since I've had such crazy stories.
I have "babysitters" lined up to help me with the girls for tomorrow and all of next week, but relying on others for everything is just going to be difficult.
Thankfully, I was able to reschedule my job interview from tomorrow to Monday. They also told me that if I needed a couple of extra days to let them know. I'm so glad they were understanding. At least this way, the staples will be out and I might actually be off of most of the pain meds.
Please pray that I continue to recover quickly and fully and that A will understand that I love her and that I'm not "putting her off" just because.
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! I am glad they were able to find it now, instead of later when it could be much bigger and more troublesome to take care of. Rest up and feel better soon!
ReplyDelete