Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Parade and wrap up.

Yay!  I love parades.  Today was the Jackson County Rose Parade.  My baby brother marched with the East Jackson High School band.  The parade was great - long, but good.  It was also hot if you ended up in the sun.  Thank goodness we knew someone who lives on the parade route who has nice grass and trees in their yard.  It was fun... I haven't been to this parade in 12 years - the year I graduated from high school.  I have to say that while watching was fun, I don't miss marching one bit.  The only thing I am kicking myself for was not taking my camera to take pictures.  Oh well.

Church was good this morning.  Phil talked about how much better we would know our family and friends if only we could "listen in" when they are praying.  Not public praying, but the deeply private and often silent prayers we say all day long.  If you're interested in hearing the whole sermon... click here.

A's birthday is 3 weeks away... and I need to get moving.  I've ordered her cake.  She loves Veggie Tales right now so she's getting a Bob and Larry cake.  Not sure who they are?  Click here.  Jen Baird at Piece O' Cake is making the cake.  I can't wait to see it!  I guess I should get moving on invitations and such... but with surgery tomorrow morning, I'm not sure when that's going to happen.  Maybe Tuesday.

Speaking of surgery, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with A for the next few days since I can't pick her up again until Thursday or Friday.  Any suggestions?  Another question, she's developed a fascination for diaper wipes - meaning, she wants to play with them.  We go through more than we should because she likes to pull them out in large amounts and then leave them laying around.  I'm not sure what to do about it...  Oh well.  She's also figured out how to drink out of a normal water bottle without needing a cap... I'm slightly scared of this.  But at least she listens to directions and does what she's told.

M's 4 month appointment is on Thursday.  We may be in earlier than that though, she's been coughing.  I'm keeping an eye on it, but I don't want to let it go to far - plus she's supposed to get shots at her appointment.  ugh!

Page updates coming... check out M's story on the about us page - A's is coming tonight or tomorrow.  I'll have at least one recipe on that page tonight.

That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by.



Help4Joplin

1 comment:

  1. Brooklyn is also obsessed with baby wipes. It must be the age that they are at. She is also pulling them out of the container constantly! Good luck with stopping that habit. Once they figure out how to open the container you're in trouble apparently. I guess we could use timeouts for that which seem to be pretty effective for Brooklyn, but it's not something that is so horrible that I feel we really need to battle I guess. Bek

    ReplyDelete