Friday, May 13, 2011

Reflections

I am SO ready to be living in my own house and sleeping in my own bed again!  In the next week, we have to finish the floors in our bedrooms and the hallway and then get the house rearranged and back in order.  I'm not so sure how easy that's going to be.  I also have to get my State license applied for so that I can get a job and start working again.  

I think we missed the window to get A potty-trained.  She was really interested in it the last couple of weeks during my internship and I couldn't work with her on it then... now she seems to have no interest whatsoever.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm really frustrated with some people in our community and definitely with the Jackson Citizen Patriot and its writers.  Every time I read an article written about the East Jackson School Board meetings and then watch the comments pop up - I get more frustrated.  For several reasons: 1 - the writing is really shabby, the writers mis-quote, attribute quotes to the wrong people, and do poor research on a regular basis.  2 - the majority of the people commenting focus solely on the negative aspects of the information and enjoy attacking those people who for all intents and purposes are volunteers in our community.  3 - When people push back on those who are so negative, those who are negative just continue attacking.  The worst part of all of this is that since MLive is anonymous, these people feel like they can say whatever they want.  Really irritating.

I want to do some things with my blog that I've seen on other people's blogs, but I can't seem to figure it out... guess I need to schedule a tutoring session with Amanda Williams!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment