Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Confession Tuesday

1.  I'm officially addicted to blogging.  Especially the photo challenges.  That may or may not be a good thing... I guess as long as I can get housework done it's ok...  we'll see.

2.  I'm probably a bad mom, I hate making A wear her braces right now... it's warm and she wants to run around barefooted... 
The problem with these braces is that she HAS to wear both socks and shoes with them, so they're really hot.

3. I'm also probably a "bad" mom, since I sometimes let my kid eat Cheetos for breakfast... case in point - today's entry in Shutter Love Tuesdays (Crazy Faces)








ShutterLoveTuesdays


4.  I HATE weeding.  Isaac and I spent 45 minutes this afternoon weeding the grass in our front yard.  Yes, I said weeding the grass.  Last fall, Z re-did the front part of our front yard - brought in a bunch of top soil, graded and reseeded.  Unfortunately, some of the "top soil" we received was actually compost and had a bunch of crap in it which caused lots of weeds to grow in the new section of grass.  Since the yard is Z's "pride and joy" we are pulling the weeds out instead of just mowing them down so that they don't grow back.  The goal is to have the whole section of new grass weeded by Saturday night... I'm not sure it's going to happen.

5.  It irritates me beyond words to be made to feel like my kid isn't developing properly because she's not using tons of words.  She has almost 100 words that are quite clear and just today she learned 3 more while we were at the park with the Williams family (Amanda and the kids - Lucas, Molly, Samuel, Teague, and Charlotte).  A comprehends more than most 4 year old kids and will respond appropriately, but sometimes just with a nod or shake of her head instead of actual words, and sometimes she's just too stubborn to use the words she does have.  I think that makes her a strong willed child, not one who isn't developing properly.

6.  I've slacked when it comes to getting A to the park regularly - and that is going to have to change.  She LOVED it today!!!  Here are some pictures of our adventure in the park today.  







Molly was a huge life saver... she helped A climb and slide while I had Madelyn in the carrier.  A thinks Molly is great!!!  So great in fact, that Molly was one of the words she started saying today.










7.  I'm incredibly amazed at what single moms do every day.  You are my heroes!

8.  I'm actually ready for an "adult" job.  I love being a stay at home Mommy, but I'm ready to have somewhere to go every day that is away from my kids and the house - even if it's only for a few hours.  The problem is finding a full time job or even a part time job where the compensation is worth actually working.

9.  I LOVE netflix.  Having easy access to Veggie Tales for A and other tv shows that I don't have time to watch when they are actually on tv or because I don't have the channel a show is on or didn't get to watch the show when it was actually a current show has been awesome!

10.  I'm so very, very ready for an actual vacation.  NOT just a week (or a month) where I'm not sleeping in my own home, but a bonafide, out of the state, two week long vacation.  Hopefully that comes in the form of two weeks in Florida at Z's Uncle Steve and Aunt Missy's house with maybe a trip to visit my Aunt Judy and Uncle John and a visit to the Magic Kingdom.  We'll see.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Great crazy face! And don't feel like she isn't developing properly! Some kids just express themselves differently! All kids are going to be different! I love to blog too, although I had slacked for about a month or more now I have been on it obsessively for a couple days now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie! I needed that encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crazy face! and she's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete