This week has been interesting to say the least.
I'm working 3 days a week now and I have three more clients that I will be needing to add to my list in the next week, provided I can get in touch with two of them to schedule appointments. The three new clients brings my grand total up to 12 clients. 1 of which is a twice a week client, which makes my face to face time 13 hours, and then I have to add some time for paperwork to those hours as well as supervision time too... that brings my total hours per week to somewhere between 15 and 18. Not too bad considering that this paycheck I brought home in 26 hours (2 weeks) close to what I was bringing home per paycheck in two weeks for 40 hours a week. The only problem I have with that is not having any way to cover benefits... I am really enjoying the new job, but it's also frustrating because I don't get paid for no shows or cancellations and and I've had several of those this week. Z is getting frustrated too because even though I only work 3 days a week, this week I could have worked 2 and taken care of all of my appointments. Not to mention it's not paying as much as he would like. I have to keep reminding him that my bosses are really happy with my work and it's just a step into getting in full time... which would have benefits, pay for doing the paperwork as well as mileage and expenses for certain things.
A is getting picked back up for physical therapy with the Intermediate School District here. They are also sending her to the University of Michigan to be assessed for possible work with a pediatric orthopedist. Thankfully her Physical Therapist with the ISD is AMAZING and she took care of requesting the referral from our pediatrician... because so far getting a referral from him has been like pulling teeth. So much so that we are planning to switch the girls over to our family doctor in May when we can change their health insurance to the plan that our (mine and Z's) accepts. I got a call today and the doctor was sending the referral information over to UofM this afternoon. We have to complete an IFSP (individualized family service plan) in a couple of weeks and then we will be starting physical therapy and play groups at the ISD. A loves going to "school" so I'm looking forward to getting going again. I'm just hoping that we can actually get the help we need outside of the ISD this time around.
M is going to be nine months old on Sunday. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. She is crawling all over now and even taking some steps if we hold her hands. It is absolutely AMAZING to me that she is doing so well and I have a hard time believing that she really was 6 1/2 weeks early. She is on time or ahead of schedule with all of her milestones and that is for her actual age... in fact, they've stopped using preemie standards for her altogether. I weighed her this past Sunday and she was 20 1/2 pounds!! She's officially out of the infant carrier and in a big girl car seat. It's really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that my baby isn't really a baby anymore. I packed up all of the 6-9 month clothes to hand down to a friend of the family and I've had to pull out the 12 month clothes for her to wear now! Thankfully it looks like she's going to be wearing the sizes that A wore at the right seasons so we won't have to buy a ton of new clothes. Not to mention the MOPS moms that are willing to hand down clothes too.
Here are recent pictures of the girls:
A - 2 1/4 years old (28 months)
M - 9 months on Sunday
And of course, the classic bathtub photo
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
{Becky}
0 comments:
Post a Comment