Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Weight Loss Wednesday

Hey y'all!!

I started my weight loss journey back in April, when I saw some pictures of myself that I did not like.  Here's one of those pictures:




I was pushing 250 pounds and did not feel good about myself or healthy.  I started watching my portion sizes and limiting my carb intake (for the record, I'm only limiting bad carbs, not carbs from fruits and vegetables).  I also started working out with my brother, Jon Scott, at the gym at our church where he works.  I asked him to help me get ready for our upcoming trip back to Michigan for our baby brother, Isaac's high school graduation.  I had lost about 15 pounds at that point.  Here's a picture from Commencement while we were there.  I'm in the blue dress in the front.



It's not a close up picture, but I can see the difference.  I couldn't work out the same while we were in Michigan, but I didn't gain any weight back either.  I consider that week a wash..

In June, I started noticing muscles ripple in my arms when I put my hair in a ponytail.  I took the below pictures on June 22.  Definitely made progress.





I am currently working out 5 days a week and I have lost just over 30 pounds. Here are pictures from today.  :)




My weight loss has been pretty steady at about 1 pound a week, which I am definitely happy with, because it will minimize sagging skin.  I still have about 50 pounds to go, but I am excited so far.

 I started a fitness journal blog where I am posting each days workout, but I will be doing progress pictures and posts each Wednesday.  Find the link to today's workout here.

That's all for now!!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!!

{Becky}

0 comments:

Post a Comment