Friday, February 20, 2015

Hitting Curve balls

So this week has been an adventure to say the least.

  • Z's been in Austin for work. 
  • Monday was a holiday/day off.
  • Tuesday was a "work from home" day for me.
  • Wednesday was a catch up day in the office.
  • The girls rode to/from school with Grandma Sue & Papa Dale.
  • My brother's been here  - he just moved and has been crashing at our place until he gets his own apartment set up - has an apartment, just needs stuff to put in it.
  • Yesterday I found out I'm working tomorrow at the last minute because a co-worker is sick, but at least that means I get to have next Wednesday as a flex day so I can go to A's conferences.
  • I signed the paperwork for A's speech evaluation at school today.
  • The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Watch ;) for our area, starting tomorrow and going through Monday...
    • What's that mean for us???  
      • A "cold front" is coming in tomorrow
      • "Winter Weather" is possible by Monday
      • Sleet is expected up to 1/2 an inch of accumulation
    • That means there's a good possibility that the girls won't have school on Monday and I'll be working from home because no one in Texas knows how to drive in snow/sleet/icy conditions and EVERYTHING will shut down.
    • All that being said, it's currently 79 in the DFW area!!
  • I heard the best commercial on the radio today... Matthew McConaughey was talking about "winter in Texas".  I can't find a link to it yet, but will definitely re-post once I do!  It made me giggle.
Suffice it to say, I'm ready for Z to get home and for the weekend.

That's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by!

{Becky}

0 comments:

Post a Comment