Today is September 11, 2011. 10 years ago today, life changed for the people of the United States. I still remember where I was when I found out. I missed the initial news because I was already in my 7:45 am class in college that morning when everything happened. I started my day like a normal day and then headed to the mall after class to quickly grab something I needed before heading back to campus. I ran into a friend who was working at Radio Shack that day and he pulled me into the store where ALL of the TV's were showing the devastation of the towers over and over again, because by that time both had been hit as well as the pentagon. I remember calling my mom to see if she had seen the news and hearing say that my then 2 year old brother was building towers out of blocks and flying his toy planes into them making them fall down. Crazy. I'll never forget that day or the way it felt and I'll never forget those who gave their lives searching and assisting people out of the towers. And I'll be forever grateful to those who lost loved ones on that tragic day. They are the unsung and all too often forgotten heroes of our country.
Now on to some other, more happy things:
1. I'm still ahead in my Bible in 90 Days reading and I'm planning to stay ahead!!! I'm hoping to finish early.
2. I think A is getting her 2 year molars... she's been really grumpy and whiny all day today, and Mommy can do NOTHING right at all.
3. I'm doing well on two of my 3 in 30 goals. The third I think I'm doing well on, but I haven't weighed myself, so I don't know for sure.
4. MOPs started this week. It was the first time I went. I loved it and both girls seemed to enjoy it too.
5. I start working with the Youth Group at our church on Wednesday. I can't wait. It's been too long since I've been involved.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.
{Becky}
New follower via GFC from Say Hi Sunday! Hope you will stop by for a visit - Kelly
ReplyDeletewww.delcodealdiva.com